Privacy Statement regarding the protection of personal data in the context of EuroCC project
Α public limited company (societe anonyme) under the corporate name “National Infrastructures for Technology and Research S.A.” and the distinctive title “GRNET S.A.“
Competent Processing Project:
EuroCC Support Team
Controller’s Contact Details:
Scope of this Privacy Statement:
National Infrastructures for Technology and Research S.A. (hereinafter referred to as “GRNET SA“) is bound by European Regulation 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation – hereinafter referred to as “the GDPR”) and Law 4624/2019 (Government Gazette 137/A/2019) on “Data Protection Authority, measures for the implementation of Regulation(EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and for the incorporation into national law of Directive(EU) 2016/680 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 and other provisions”, as in force at any time (hereinafter referred to as “the Law”). This Privacy Statement details all information necessary for the processing of personal data carried out in the context of the participation in EuroCC’s questionnaire, as well as the policies and procedures implemented by GRNET SA for the protection of the EuroCC’s users privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out the criteria as well as the terms and conditions under which GRNET SA collects, processes, uses, stores and transmits the personal data of the project users, how it ensures the confidentiality of such information, including any law and/or regulation implemented or enacted in accordance with Union and national laws on personal data protection and electronic privacy, as well as any law and/or regulation amending, replacing, issuing or consolidating any of the latter, including any other applicable Union and national laws on the processing of personal data and privacy, which may exist in accordance with applicable law.
For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, the terms “processor”, “controller”, “third party”, “supervising authority”, “personal data”, “processing”, “data subject” shall have the meaning ascribed to them by applicable legislation on the protection of personal data.
In addition, for the purposes of the present, the following definitions shall also apply:
“Website” – the website accessible via domain names https://eurocc-greece.gr/, including the entirety if the web pages thereof.
“User”- the EuroCC online project user, whom the data refer to, whose identity is known or may be verified, namely it may be directly or indirectly determined.
A. Purpose/s for processing the data collected:
i. GRNET SA– as controller- within the framework of the EuroCC project collects and processes the personal data of the persons who give their consent and who participate in the EuroCC questionnaire mentioned below, for the following purpose / purposes:
- To send electronic communication to the persons participating in the EuroCC questionnaire in order to help us identify and understand the distinct needs of the Greek users as well as those that want to become HPC users and gradually build up the necessary support accordingly, enhancing this way High Performance Computing in Greece.
- For the implementation of the sending of messages and the technical support of the project by the executor “Moosend Ltd”.:
GRNET SA collects and processes “users” personal data in the context of providing the EuroCC project solely for the abovementioned purposes and only to the extent strictly necessary to effectively serve such purposes. These data shall be relevant, appropriate and not more than those required in view of the aforementioned purposes. They shall also be accurate and, if necessary, updated.
Furthermore, the aforementioned data shall be retained only during the period required as mentioned hereinabove, in order to accomplish the purposes of their collection and processing and shall be deleted after the end thereof (see below “Retention period of personal data”).
B. Categories of personal data processed:
In the context of the participation in the questionnaire of the EuroCC project the personal data that are being processed are:
- Last name
- Email address,
- Job title
- Contact Phone
- Domain of expertise (selection from drop down menu)
- Number of employees
- Answers to the questionnaire
As part of the technical support from the processing team of the processor, the personal data being processed are:
- Last name
- Email address
- History of emails that have been sent
C. Legal bases for processing
The processing of “users” personal data is based on the provision of the data subject’s consent, as required by Article 6 par. 1 par. A of GDPR.
D. Access to personal data:
For the implementation of the dispatch and processing of the questionnaire in the framework of the EuroCC project, access to the personal data of the “users” is provided to the following:
- In the EuroCC project management team of GRNET SA, which consists of staff that maintains a contractual relationship of project leasing and provision of services with GRNET SA. “Associates of GRNET SA”, who are bound by a private confidentiality agreement with GRNET SA
- To staff of the company “Moosend Ltd” in case of technical support.
The processing of EuroCC project “users” personal data by the aforementioned, is carried out under the supervision and only at the request of GRNET SA, within the scope of the mission and the role of each associate. Such associates undertake to comply with the same privacy and personal data requirements as GRNET SA itself in accordance to the present Privacy Statement.
E. Recipients of collected personal data:
GRNET SA shall in no way transmit or in any way disclose the EuroCC project “users” personal data to any third-party entities, private businesses, natural persons or legal entities, public authorities, agencies or other organizations, other than as expressly set out herein.
The EuroCC project “users” personal data may be disclosed or transmitted to governmental authorities and/or law enforcement officials, only if necessary for the abovementioned purposes, in the context of enforcement of a court decision or a provision of law or if necessary to secure the legitimate interests of GRNET SA in its capacity as processor, in compliance with the terms and conditions of applicable law.
F. Rights of data subject
As regards the data processed in the context of providing the EuroCC project, GRNET as controller – takes all necessary action, pursuant to the terms of this Privacy Statement, both during the collection as well as in every subsequent stage of processing of EuroCC project “users” personal data, so that every “user” may exercise his/her rights, as laid out in applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, namely the rights of Access, Rectification, Erasure, Restriction of Processing, data Portability, as detailed hereinbelow and in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable law:
- Right of Access: The data subject is entitled to request and obtain from GRNET SA, a confirmation on whether or not his/her personal data are processed and, if so, to exercise the right to access such personal data pursuant to applicable legislation. The data subject may also request a copy of the personal data undergoing processing, as described in this Privacy Statement, by sending an email to the following email address:
Finally, it should be noted that the right to obtain a copy of the personal data undergoing processing shall not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others in accordance with applicable law.
- Right of Rectification: The data subject shall have the right to request GRNET SA to rectify any inaccurate personal data concerning him/her. Considering the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to request that any incomplete personal data be completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement, in accordance with applicable legislation.
- Right of Erasure: The data subject has the right to delete all his / her personal data that have been collected and processed in the context of his / her participation in the EuroCC project questionnaire, in accordance with the terms of the current legislation and the terms of this.
- Right to restriction of processing: The data subject is entitled to ensure that GRNET SA restricts the processing of his/her data, if any of the conditions laid down by applicable legislation on the protection of personal data, is met.
- Right to data portability: The data subject has the right to obtain any personal data concerning him/her, which he/she has provided to GRNET SA in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as the right to transmit such data to another processor without any objection from the processor to which the personal data have been provided, in accordance with the provisions of the applicable legislation on personal data.
To exercise any of the above rights, the “user” may contact the EuroCC Team at the following email address:
The aforementioned rights of the data subjects are subject to restrictions in accordance with the applicable legislation.
G. Personal data retention periods
The personal data collected and processed in the context of the participation in the questionnaire for the EuroCC project, based on the consent of the subjects, will be kept until the withdrawal of their consent or until the request for deletion is exercised. The option to withdraw consent and exercise the deletion request will be provided without exception to any EuroCC electronic communication.
H. Privacy and Security of Information:
The processing of personal data by GRNET SA is carried out in such a way as to ensure its confidentiality and security. Specifically, it is carried out exclusively by authorized associates of GRNET SA, while all appropriate organizational and technical measures are taken for data security and protection against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, prohibited dissemination or access and any other form of unfair treatment.
The processor maintains its servers in a data center within the European Union. Takes all appropriate organizational and technical measures for the security of the data and their protection against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, prohibited dissemination or access and any other form of unfair processing. For more information see here: https://moosend.com/privacy-policy/
For any questions or clarifications regarding the present Privacy Statement and as well as in the event of any violation related to personal data issues, “users” may contact the Competent Department of GRNET SA at the e-mail address email@example.com .
They may also contact the Data Protection Officer (DPO) of GRNET S.A., Ms. Vera Meleti, and/or the deputy DPO, Ms. Vasiliki Konstantinopoulou at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the event that any EuroCC “user” request is not satisfied by the processor, the “user” may at any time address to/ file recourse with the Competent Supervisory Authority, namely the Data Protection Authority https://www.dpa.gr .